What should Village of Golf residents do during a storm?
If you have decided to remain in your home during a storm, there are several important things to know:
- VILLAGE OF GOLF PUBLIC SAFETY.
- During a storm, Village of Golf public safety officers may not be available to respond. Officers will not respond if sustained winds are above 35 miles per hour. Boynton Beach Fire Rescue (providers of Village medical and fire service) will not respond to calls if sustained winds are above 45 miles per hour.
- Only call 9-1-1 for life-threatening emergencies. All other non-emergency issues can be reported to Village of Golf Public Safety.
- STAY INDOORS AND AWAY FROM WINDOWS.
- During the storm, find a safe, interior room in your home. Make sure you have all your supplies with you, including battery powered lights, and radios.
- STAY INFORMED.
- Listen to local media for storm updates. Palm Beach County Division of Emergency Management offers two ways to stay connected via social media. Via Twitter: @PBCDEM or Facebook: PBCDEM. To follow weather patterns online, live broadcasts of special weather statements for the West Palm Beach area may be found at:
(Call Number KEC50, Station 162.475MHz).